Monday, October 11, 2010

When is the right time?

I just recently had a conversation with my 13 year old, Hunter, about whether or not God is calling him to be saved.  My preacher had preached on these things on Sunday, as to whether or not we are praying wholeheartedly over the people in our lives to become Christians.  I haven't "worried" about it too much because I felt like in God's time it would happen. 

But yesterday I decided to ask Hunter if God had been nudging him to do it, and he said that the thought had come up.  Hunter is the kind of person that doesn't like to be pressured to do something.  He'll do it when he's ready...not when PEOPLE tell him to do it.  And honestly, I don't want him to go to the alter JUST BECAUSE someone else wants him to.  I want it to be a calling from God.  I told him that when he feels that urge and need to get saved, to follow it.  NO MATTER WHERE HE IS!  If he wants me or his dad or anyone else to help him through it, than we'll definitely be there for him.  So, I've been praying that he'll get saved as soon as possible.

One thing that made me feel really good was today we were together and he was listening to a Christian radio station with me and singing along to it.  I'm so proud of him! 

No comments:

Post a Comment