Wednesday, October 6, 2010

They're actually listening!

I'm back!  It's been an awesome but busy day with this family!  Today my Haylie had a "Grandparents Day" celebration at her school.  Since my parents live so far away and Mark's parents were getting ready to go on vacation, a dear friend of ours stepped up to the plate and pretended to be Haylie's grandma.  So, today added to all the wonderful things going on this week!

Yesterday we had McTeacher night at Haylie's school, so Mark and I took the kids and Hunter's best friend to McDonald's and had dinner!  We had a really good time.  On the way home we were passing through some road construction (I'm loving the new roads) and I messed up and went down the wrong way.  I was soooo embarrased!  Steffan told me "There's nothing you can do about it, so don't worry about it.".  That's what I always tell him when he's going through something!  He's actually listening to me!!! 

These teenage years can be so crazy, and I always say I'm being paid back for all the goofy things Mark did because I didn't get a chance to be goofy.  My parents were super strict.....and it kept me out of trouble.  So now I know not to give up on giving the kids good instructions.  THEY ARE LISTENING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment